Popular Posts

Monday, May 2, 2011

What What?? Kennelly Family Comes to Visit :)

WOW! I cannot believe my family was here already a month ago! Time just flies here. Well, the lovely Kennelly family ventured over to the Grand ol' country of Ireland March 25-April 2 to visit their wonderful ginger :). While I was in Barcelona Thursday-Monday, they flew into London, stayed there for two days then flew to Dublin, spent a day there then finally to Limerick Monday! Seeing my family in my new world was so strange. Ireland is a place where I have begun to call my new home,  it is a place that no one else can understand or relate to back at home.  When I first saw them, I was overwhelmed with emotions; exictement, surprised, releaved, happy.. just about everything!  I showed them my apartment and around my campus, where we ate lunch with a few of my friends at the campus pub and where I shared my first 'legal' drink with my family. After leaving campus, I stayed with them at their hotel. The next day we took the Cliffs of Moher tour. Seeing this magnificant sight with my family was honestly the greatest feeling ever.  I was able to share my experiences and emotions while livng In Ireland with them and they were able to connect with me how I felt about the beautifulness that Ireland has to offer.  Throughout the tour, we had a blast just laughing and sharing silly jokes and finally being together as a family.  That night, we took the bus to our B&B in Killarney.  This little town filled with shops and restaurants was soo cute and our room was lovely.  The next day, we did the Ring of Kerry tour which was also breathtaking and beautiful :).  Spending time with my family is always fun, but spending quality time with my family in Ireland, the country that has allowed me to grow as a person, building my character and confidence was something truly special.  I have never felt so close with my family, constantly laughing and making fun of each other, almost peeing our pants everyday, made me realize how much I have grown even more, truly appreciating ever second I had with them, wishing it would never end.  Charlie and I also grew so much closer.  Sitting with him and being able to talk, made me realize that we have  become so much more than brother and sister in this past year, we have become good friends. Friday morning, we took a ride in a buggie throuhg the Killarney National park.  A park that is 25,000 acres,  surrounded by a huge lake and beautiful hill landscapes.  The man driving the buggie was quite the Irish man.  He was older and soo funny, singing and talking to his pony, named Suzie.  He kept saying 'What, What? Oh, Suzie she gets afraid of the puddles on the road, she thinks she will drown' Once we left Killarney, we stayed at another B&B in Blarney, by the Blarney Castle.  Their last night in Ireland made the week completely perfect.  After dinner, we sat in the cozy dinning area and talked about my parents time while being together; how they met, their wedding, the million trips they have been on together.  It really made me realize how incredibly in love they are and how strong their friendship is.  This trip significanlty brought us all closer together as a family, but also, as friends.  When they left saturday morning, I felt lost, lonely, unsure, for the first time in Ireland. I was in a daze, filled with mixed feelings and not sure what to do with myself.  Having them come visit, was such a life changing experience for all of us, something that we will never forget. 

I cannot wait to see them in two weeks!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment