Popular Posts

Friday, May 13, 2011

London Town :)

Two weekends ago, April 29th, I went to London! Now, yes, it was during this weekend of the Royal Wedding, but the main reason I went was to see my good friends Kaylee and Keith, both go to school with me at Drake. Kaylee is in my sorority and Keith and I have the same life (Psychology majors with a behavior analysis of developmental disabilities minor and a business minor).  They are both amazing people and it was incredible seeing them. I spent Friday night and Saturday day with Keith.  We did the usual sight seeing ( I have already been to London so it was fun to just walk around the city).  He lives right in the city and is surrounded by beautiful, expensive homes.  The park behind his dorm, is where Princess Diana used to go with William and Harry when they were young, pretty crazy I know.  Spending the day with him, talking about our experiences and the things we will need to do to prepare for next fall was so great.  While being in Ireland I have my friends here who I talk with about my exeperience, but being able to talk to someone else abroad, not in the same place as I am, really helped me to understand how life changing studying abroad truly is.  After going to the market, seeing Peter Pan :) and spending the day wondering and walking through 5 different beautiful parks in the sun, I was back on the tube and off to spend the next two nights with Kaylee.  Seeing here was one of the greatest moments, it brought back all of those feelings about home.  We sat and talked for hours about delta gamma, going home and feeling unsure about life, wondering how we will adapt and if we will feel different.  I felt so happy, relieved that she was feeling everything i was feeling.  I met her new friends that have shared this experience with her and I felt her pain for when she had to say goodbye to them. She is truly incredible and so loving, I am so blessed to have her back at Drake with me as my friend and as my sister as we both adapt back to our real lives.  My time in London was perfect, I realized how truly amazing being away for 4 months has been and how it has allowed me and my friends to grow and understanding the world a little bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment