Popular Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

A Whole New World :)

First week at UL.. SUCCESS :) Figuring out my schedule was a mess.. their education system is a little different from ours, but everything worked out.  I'm taking a Traditional Irish Dance and Song class and I will be learning different Irish dances ;).. so excited!  Today we leave for our homestay.  Our Study Abroad program, Arcadia, set up this homestay for us.  We each go to a traditional, Irish family home for the weekend.  The family I am with has 6 kids, the dad is a farmer and the mom stays at home and they love Gaelic sports :). This opportunity will open our eyes to a whole new world, a new side of Ireland and the traditions they have created that are founded in family, love and of course Pubs :).  We will be able to experience the little things that we take for granted, that they cherish and hold dear.  Let's just say that after this weekend, I will have a whole new perspective on life :) 

 So the red hair and last name are really helping me fit in over here ;).  Eeryone I have met here thinks I'm from Ireland (because of my hair and Kennelly) until I talk and they hear my non-Irish accent haha.  But yeah, Kennelly is very very common here (it is spelled Kennally I think) but it's so cool to be sitting in class and have the professor say my name RIGHT for once in my life haha. I told people that I have family from Cork, and of course they have heard of Jordan and Carol because everyone knows everyone in Ireland, I love it. They people here are so nice, so welcoming and so great, it has been so easy to adjust.

The next big adventure, planning our trips!  London, Paris, Berlin, Spain, Italy/Greece, Scottland, Amsterdam.. EVERYWHERE!  More details to come!

-Red <3

Ps. Once you come to Ireland.. you won't ever want to leave... I promise.

"Travel Down the Road Less Traveled and You WILL Discover A Whole New World"


No comments:

Post a Comment