Popular Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ireland Weather.. Unpredictable but Beautiful

While being in Ireland, somone had told me that the unpredictability of Ireland's weather, describes the Irish as being 'Spontaneous'.  Since I have been here for 5 weeks, I can completely agree with this statement.  If you were to look up the weekly forecast in Ireland on a daily basis you would read this 'Between 4-10 degrees C (about 38-50 degrees F), mostly cloudy, fog in the morning hours and ALWAYS 30-60 % precipitation'. Yes, it rains ALOT here, and the worst thing about it is that you can wake up and it will be gorgeous outside, sun shinning, not a cloud in the sky.  Then, an hour later, when you walk out of class, it will be windy, pouring, and cold... Ireland.. quite unpredictable to say the least. 
However, today, I think I can make an exception.  Today the sky is so blue and so clear, it feels as if Spring is already decided to bloom.  The bright sun touches over everything ever so softly, just leaving behind a bit of warmth as the crinkled leaves swayed smoothly in soothing breeze.  Everyday, I walk over the 'Living Bridge' on my way into the center part of campus.  The Living Bridge is a beautifully build piece of art that twists, winds and moves are you walk over it, stretching above the flowing Shannon river.  Today as I walked across it, the water shimmered, as three graceful white swans swam, while bobbing their heads under the water.  Watching, from my room, as the light penetrates the hills in the distance, brining to life everything that was once covered with darkness, makes me realize that Ireland's beauty is sometimes hidden behind it's unpredicability and that because of this, it is very 'Spontaneous.'




No comments:

Post a Comment